Thursday, July 2, 2009

You Never Expect What You Don't Plan For


Imagine my surprise today when I did the final walk through with my landlord’s maintenance guy and he got down on his hands and knees to sniff the carpet. I did a mental "Thanks." to the Universe for giving me the foresight to Febreeze. Maintenance Guy wrote down on his form that he detected a “very, very, very slight pet odor” but that it didn’t seem to be coming from the carpet and I thought to myself, “If it’s that slight, why even mark it down?” After 2 years and nine months at a place, I figure that a very, very, very slight pet odor is remarkable. I had the place so clean you could eat off the floor. I’m not saying you would but you could. That’s usually enough when it comes to walk throughs.

My biggest disappointment came when Maintenance Guy tested the smoke detector and it didn’t go off. That damn smoke detector has gone off every time I’ve had the oven on in the last six months and it gave up the ghost on walk through day? Wtf?!? So, he told me they might charge me for the battery and you know landlords, they won’t charge me the going rate for a 9-volt battery. I’ve never in my life been counted off for a smoke detector battery.

Let’s hope they see reason and give me my full deposit back.

*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment