Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Craigslist Taste On A Thrift Store Budget

I love Craigslist. I like to look at all the good deals to be had and daydream about changing my apartment furniture out for a dream piece I received a good deal on. For the first time, I am selling some furniture and odds and ends on Craigslist and I just have to take a minute to say to all the other sellers out there, “Bless your heart!” I know there is nothing to be lost by making a ridiculous offer on something you want because the least the other person can say is, “No.” Still, some people who have responded with offers to my items act as if they are doing me a favor offering such a low price. It’s not that my items are of great desire or value but they’re nice and in like new condition so I’d like to not lose out on the deal, you know? Craigslist is not a thrift store or a yard sale so if you’re shopping on there, you should expect to pay a bit more than thrift store and yard sale prices. Despite the slightly higher price tag, there are still good deals to be had. Axl has four IKEA Snille chairs for sale on Craigslist that he bought no less than a year ago. He’s offering them for a steal and hasn’t received a single bite. We thought someone would surely snatch those up. Heck, the nearest IKEA is 100 miles away! I guess it's two parts recession, one part living in a hick town. Sure is disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment